Why hire an Interior Designer?
Esthetic is an important component of any interior design project but a professional Interior Designer focuses on much more than appearance.
A professional Interior Designer has successfully completed the formal education required to practice as an Interior Designer and is actively involved in the field of Interior Design. With this combination of training, experience, and examination, a professional Interior Designer’s role is to:
• Analyze client’s needs, goals, and life and safety requirements.
• Formulate preliminary design concepts that are aesthetic, appropriate, functional, and in accordance with codes and standards.
• Prepare working drawings for interior construction, lighting plans, materials, finishes, space planning, furnishing and fixtures.
• Collaborate with other licensed practitioners in the technical areas of mechanical, electrical, architectural and structural design.
• Prepare and administer bids and contract documents.
• Save your money. Having a strong plan at the onset saves confusion and reduces mistakes which save you money. We know the pro and cons of different materials that you may be considering. We also have access to designer discounts and those savings are passed on to the client.
• Save your time. We know the sources to go to for everything related to your project. You won’t have to spend your time researching products, brands and prices. Our resources of preferred suppliers and contractors can save you time and stress trying to find a qualified trade or contractor.
• Define and enhance your personal style. We will pinpoint your lifestyle and values. Our suggestions will assimilate your personal style and needs into the concept, so your home will reflect you. You provide the direction and with our expertise, we will guide you to the creation of that dream.
• Provide you with knowledge and guide you through the design process. As Interior Designers, we understand the principles of scale, proportion, space, line, balance, rhythm, texture, form and the theory of color. A Designer will make the most of available space and find solutions that work for challenging areas.
• Increase home value. A great design will expedite the sale of your home and put more money in your pocket when you are ready to sell.
• Create the “WOW” factor. Designers look at the space with a professional approach, usually in a way that the client has not considered giving the space a personality that separates it from being just like any others.
Design shows on TV might lead you to believe that you can complete a dramatic interior makeover in three days. However, in reality, anything worth doing needs time to be done right. Renovating can take months according with the scope of the project, from initial design research to finished construction. This may sound pessimistic, but there are truly many benefits about giving to your design project a healthy timeline, a realistic schedule that will allow your design dreams become a reality.
I hope this blog helped to clarify one of the most frequent questions people ask about Interior Designer’s role.
Thank You for reading!